Menu


Footballpedia.net - The former Arsenal and AS Roma goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny admitted his decision to accept a contract from Juventus due to the figure of Gianluigi Buffon, Italian football legend and Bianconerri.

The Polish national team player inaugurated his move to Juventus on Wednesday. Juventus bring Szczesny because the performance of the goalkeeper throughout the season with AS Roma spelled out brilliantly.

"Really Juventus is a great team, a team that is always on the field to win," said Szczesny.

"It does not mean just winning the game but also winning the trophy, that's what brought me here, I want to win a lot of trophies, I want to be a champion, so I'm here and ready to go."

"Is there a Buffon factor? Obviously, yes, because I want to improve, so there's no better opportunity except by training with Gianluigi Buffon."

"He is the best goalkeeper in history, not only for the history of Italian football but also the world, now I have the opportunity to practice with him, I want to improve and learn."

Szczesny felt, what he achieved so far not how. He considered his performance still can not be categorized as a consistent player. Hence, he chose the challenge of defending Juve in order to take many benefits from a Buffon.

"I'm not finished yet I'm a goalkeeper who always wants to improve, I'm explosive, I'm happy to make some rescue that looks impossible," he continued.

"I still have to improve myself in terms of consistency because I want to be a goalkeeper who is at Buffon level, or at least approached him."

"You have to reach it step by step in every game, not just in two or three matches per season so it should increase," he said.

Post a Comment

 
Top