Menu


Footballpedia.net - Barcelona tactician Luis Enrique has confirmed will resign from his post at the end of this season.

Coaches are 46 years old, who underwent his third season at Barca, announced the plan after a 6-1 win over Sporting Gijon.

Luis Enrique won the Champions League as part of the treble winners Barcelona who won in his first season coaching. In the last season, Barcelona won the domestic double, La Liga and Copa del Rey.

This time, Lionel Messi et al threatened to lift a suitcase away from the Champions League after losing 4-0 at Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of the round of 16.

"I want to announce to everyone, I will not go in Barcelona next year. This is a difficult decision, but it has been well thought out and I think I should be loyal to what I think, "says Enrique, quoted by the BBC.

"I need a break. That's the main reason I would not continue.

"I would like to thank the club for the trust they gave to me. These three unforgettable years. "

The former Spain midfielder played for Barcelona between 1996 and 2004, when he retired from a career as a coach. He later coached the team B of 2008 and 2011, then returned coached the first team after being coached AS Roma and Celta Vigo.

Post a Comment

 
Top